Healthy Families Program: for more information and/or to register call: 250-871-7577
The Healthy Families Program is an accredited B.C. Family Resource Program which supports pregnant women, parents and caregivers to provide children (birth up to 6th year) with a strong foundation in life. We offer weekly drop-in groups, access to parent-child resources and opportunities to develop new social connections. Additionally, program participants can talk with our team of nurses, nutritionist, infant development consultants and outreach workers for individual support.
The overall goal of this program is to contribute to the healthy development of children and families who may be living in conditions of risk or facing challenging life circumstances and would benefit from support.
Parents can participate in a cooperative environment that promotes learning, well-being and personal growth. Ideas and information are shared by parents, facilitators and guest speakers. Healthy meals and transportation to groups are provided.
Parents will learn more about parenting & life skills, community resources, child development, nutrition and healthy living. Safe and stimulating childcare enables groups to be parent focused but also offers children the opportunity to play with age-appropriate toys and to participate in free-play, songs and story-time.
For more information and/or to register call: 250-871-7577
Weekly drop-in groups offer support, education and referral to community resources:
- Healthy Babies Prenatal Nutrition Program (pregnancy outreach program) - for women who are pregnant or have a baby under 6 months of age
- Stay N' Play - for parents and guardians with babies from 4-12 months of age
- Toddler Time - for parents and guardians with children between the ages of 12-23 months
- CAPC Parent Support - for parents and guardians with children from 2-6 years of age
- HOP With Me Summer Picnic - outdoor activities and a picnic lunch for families with children between 4 months and 6 years of age (July and August)
- Fanny Bay Moms & Tots group - Thursday mornings 10:30-12:00
The Healthy Family Program offers home visitation, free prenatal vitamins, food coupons, emergency and monthly food hampers, clothing sharing shelves, emergency diapers and infant formula, children’s books, cooking classes & workshops, farmers market coupons.
Donations: We can always use donations of new or gently used baby items. At this time we are looking for the following items that are in good shape: baby clothing, baby carriers/slings, diapers, infant formula coupons, strollers, playpens, and baby gates.
Local financial support gratefully acknowledged from CV Kiwanis Club, Rotary Club of Comox, CV Monarch Lions Club, CV Newcomers Club, Peninsula Co-op, and CV Lifelong Learning Association.
Proud recipient of funds from United Way Central and Northern Vancouver Island 2018-2019
For additional initiatives please see the side-bar to the left under 'Overview'